– President Miguel Díaz-Canel called for continuing work to implement the national Covid-19 prevention and control plan, with serenity, confidence, and discipline.
– Public Health Minister José Ángel Portal Miranda reported that two new cases of the coronavirus were confirmed yesterday, in addition to the five previously reported.
– The Ministry of Public Health issued a communiqué stating that one of the new cases is a 38-year-old Cuban citizen, resident in Camagüey. He arrived in Cuba on March 14, from Italy. He sought medical attention on March 15, and was referred and admitted to the Amalia Simoni Hospital in Camagüey, where his infection was confirmed with a test conducted by the Villa Clara Provincial Center of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Microbiology. He remains in stable condition at this time.
– The second case confirmed yesterday is a 65-year-old Cuban citizen, resident in the Havana municipality of Guanabacoa. He had contact with his daughter, who returned from Italy on March 7, and began to show symptoms on the 10th. She went to her family doctor’s office, explained her possible exposure to the virus, and was referred to the Pedro Kouri Institute of Tropical Medicine, along with her father, who tested positive for the virus. She remains under observation.
– Six of the seven confirmed Covid-19 patients are doing well and one Italian citizen remains in critical condition.
– According to the President’s official website, 389 patients are hospitalized for epidemiological observation, including 147 international visitors and 242 Cubans. In addition, 24,853 individuals are being monitored by primary health care teams throughout the country.
– As a preventive measure, the decision was made to cancel, postpone, or conduct at a more modest scale, all acts, events and commemorations, both at the national and provincial level. (Taken from en.granma.cu)